Saturday, July 7, 2018

Intact and hidden (Japan 2018/38)


The first of three nearby mountains I wanted to visit before leaving Japan. Haven to quiet forests, steep valleys and hills, beautiful Kurama lies just north of Kyoto. The mountain's energy is emanating through our hair and the tall trees that grow in rows like organ pipes. I've been here only a few times in the past but this is one of the places that I keep intact and hidden in my mind. This place is an archetype of a sanctuary. It's unreal to actually walk in a place like that after a long time. Again, the power of an image is realized as my mind refers to old photos and not actual experience while I try to remember the way up to the mountain.



Kurama, Kyoto, April 19th 2018, (#1)












































































No comments:

Post a Comment