Monday, February 27, 2012

Heron's forest (Kyoto XVIII)

On Sunday I went to northern Kyoto to see friends. Shugakuin is a beautiful area. First a coffee moment, some Reimakros of stuff like eyes and tiny plastic animals. Friends' delicate guitar and singing in the background. Perfect light seeping through blurred windows. 

Then to the nearby forest, called Heron's forest. The funny thing is: adapting to the city life I've learned to blur people, details and other sensory stimuli just to survive the day. Now when I go to a place like Shukaguin, Heron's forest and the mountain and river nearby, I can't blur anymore and I don't want to, but it's not relaxing or refreshing anymore. Now the nature has become the pinnacle of detailed structure towering over me. I succumb and become an insect. It's like a too sharp image attacking already tired nerves.

These photos are from before heading out to the aggressively beautiful nature:


















No comments:

Post a Comment