Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Painting a week #1


After I got the artist visa I started planning on making exhibitions here in Japan. So naturally I started painting again. I'm a painter after all. It's been a long time since I painted though and while in Japan I've done mainly photography and drawing. It feels good to return to something that hands can remember. There the world was waiting, but as a faint, immaterial mirage. Now I'm letting images to materialize as a contrast to pixels. The feeling of returning home is pacifying.

So I thought I'd show some of the paintings I'm making in the same way as I held the Drawing a day -drawing diary before. This time one image per week shall be enough, I don't want to reveal everything before the exhibitions. Here we go, the story so far and from now on...


I gave up and the mountain range started its approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment